Monday, October 29, 2012

Caustic

Why do I sit there and allow myself to be treated this way. When they need help, I give it. Even when I don't want to, I give them the help that they want.
But give somebody one chance and they throw it back in you face. Even though I know better, I let myself think that they won't. I know a lot better now.
Despite the fact that this sounds far too much like a passive-aggressive Facebook post, I need to let this out.
I'm not, however, doing this as catharsis. This is to make sure that I don't give in. I don't need food, and I don't need people.
I need to be famous.
One day I'll be so far removed from this that it will seen like a far off dream.
So unfair, but I'll be better. I won't be cold, I'll be acidic. When next somebody tries me, I will burn them, just as they burn me.
That is a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment